Before going into the details and technicalities of the fire suits, first we will discuss, why they are needed at all for fire officer and a person who so ever is responsible to work out in a situation of fire hazard. First of all,we all must understand that, the safety of employees and staff lies with each one of us.
Now just think a situation when you are asked to put your finger into the boiling water or to sit for 5-10 minutes time in the temperature of around 100 degree centigrade. In both cases we all will fail to withstand. Now think, when we can’t stay in a temperature of around just 100 degree centigrade, then how can we expect our fire fighters to fight with fire in extream heat of more than 700-3000 degree centigrade temperature to save our lives??? This is the reason that all of our safety staff members, specially the fire officers must be well equiped with quality fire fighting suits. So that they can stay properly in such situation to safegaurd us and our business both.
Secure Fire Proximity suits:
Fire suit plays a very important role when it comes to fight with fire and heat.
Just emagine the situation when we are asked to fight with the fire with the extream heat in our surround area,
and just because of the poor quality of the suit, our body forced us to widraw from the site in the midd help
them to work properly during fire fighting.
Various ranges of fire suits-
1. 2 layer: protection upto 100- 200 degree cent temperature
2. 3 layer: Protection upto 150-300+ degree cent temperature
3. 4 layer: Protection upto 300-600+ degree cent temperature
4. 6 layer: Protection upto 600-1000 degree cent temperature
5. 8 layer: Protection upto 800-1700 degree cent temperature
6. Fire suit Applications: these suits can be used during rescue operations in an aea of intense heat,
fire, hot liquid, steams by the fire fighters in all major industries like; petrochemical, paints, iron & steel, etc.
It can be used for metal splash protective clothing, radiant heat protective clothing.
Nomex Fire Suits:
Nomex suit is designed with three layes and certified as per the EN 469 norms.
The complete suit is composed of full sleeved jacket having a front zipper with flap closing. The trousers
have suspenders for adjusting the height as per the user, 5 finger hand gloves, helmet and shoes.
The multiple layers of this suits are as follows:
1.Outer shell: nomex fabric
2. Moisture barrier:Aramid/kevlar non woven and laminated with PTFE mambrane for maximum breathability and water proof (hydrastatic head)
3. Thermal barrier: Constructed with non woven Aramide kevlar fibers which are laminated with nomex/viscose as innermost lining fabric for better and maximum protection.
Note: a reflective tape of 2 inch width yellow-silver-yellow reflective trims installed at arms, legs, front,
back and bottom on the jacket and pants to enhance the visibility of the workers.
Applications: These suits can be used by fire brigades, petrochemicals, hospitals, corporate houses etc.